CAMBODIA OCCUPIED BY VIETNAM AGAINST 10 UN RESOLUTIONS 1979-2008.

HERE ARE THE RISKS OF FOREIGN INVESTMENTS :
WARNING :
As of today, Cambodia is still occupied by the Vietnamese troops despite the
call from the US president to Vietnam to cease her occupation of Cambodia since
1988. Cambodia needs Independence from Vietnam and the Vietnamese invaders.
America calls Vietnam to restore Cambodia Independence .President Reagan's
address to the 43d Session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York,
New York . September 26, 1988. "Mr. Secretary-General, there are new hopes for
Cambodia, a nation whose freedom and independence we seek just as avidly as we
sought thefreedom and independence of Afghanistan. We urge the rapid removal of
all Vietnamese troops ...." BURY

Cambodia's first agency to value business assets opens

Written by Chun Sophal and Nguon Sovan

Thursday, 11 September 2008

Establishment of valuation association a key step in opening the Kingdom's
stock market, but some business leaders say it will not be capable of doing the
job

VANDY RATTANA New condominiums and businesses for sale in Phnom Penh.

FAMILY SECRET
The requirement that companies declare their assets is widely believed to be
one of the biggest obstacles to establishing Cambodia’s stock market, sources
say. Most enterprises that could list are family-owned and guard the value of
their businesses. CAMBODIA'S first agency to assess the value of corporate
assets opened last week, in what company sources are describing as a key step
in establishing a Cambodian stock exchange.But business figures are sceptical
the new body will be able to establish sufficient nationwide transparency in
time to meet the stock market's 2009 deadline for opening.Sung Bonna, chairman
of the new National Valuation Association of Cambodia (NVAC), which is
supported by the Ministry of Economy and Finance, said the body will play an
important role in Cambodia's future growth. "We will try to push this nascent
association to attract foreign investors and to assist in the process of
setting up a stock exchange next year," he said, adding that the stock market
will not go ahead in the absence of credible asset evaluations. "If we have
professional assessors and good management, the stock market process will be
smoother," he said.In Channy, CEO of Acleda Bank, said the new agency could
provide independent assessments for firms wishing to register on the Kingdom's
stock market. "We need an assessor that has enough independence to determine
the accurate value of a company's assets. This concept generally exists in
other countries," he said. '2012 more realistic'But Nguon Meng Tech, director
general of the Cambodian Chamber of Commerce, said he does not think the
association will be successful. "I do not believe that they are capable enough
for this work for the time being," he said.He added that the 2009 deadline for
a Cambodian bourse was little more than a pipe dream. "Cambodia does  not have
enough human resources and experts," he said, adding that 2012 was a more
realistic target.In Channy said Acleda currently assesses its own assets and is
unlikely to use NVAC until it establishes more branches across the country. "We
do not reject the use of the service, but we trust our own assessment," he
said.Likewise, Kong Triv, CEO of KT Pacific Group, said that he has not
considered using the NVAC to evaluate his company's assets. "We will wait and
see how independent [it] is and how it builds confidence, and then we will
consider it," he said.Sung Bonna admitted the NVAC was untested, but he said he
was optimistic it will valuate properties accurately. "The association will
seek training from foreign experts to make sure that the evaluation is
internationally acceptable," he said.Cambodian Economic Association President
Chan Sophal said Cambodia must have a property evaluation association that is
fully independent, "otherwise companies could lose confidence".