From: Mu Sochua
Date: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Subject: Urgent constructive suggestions

Dear all,

Thank you for sending me your concerns on the health issues.  Please rest
assured that I will consult health experts to develop our strategies and
priorities in this sector as well as other sectors under this Commission.

All constructive criticism will be regarded as your contribution to the
building a better Cambodia.

Just telling us to avoid Te Oung is not specific enough. By dumping every
problem faced by Cambodia on the Vietnamese is escaping our own
responsibility and accountability. For example, how do we undertake the
in-depth reform in the Justice system and the judiciary specifically? It
takes vision, strategy, tactics, action plan, time frame, money,
experts.....and this is what we are working on.

CNRP promised to the voters and the brave millions who walked the streets
with us for more than ten months that we will demand a independent and
neutral NEC that will be an institution enshrined in the Constitution.
First Hun Sen rejected the demand and we stood firm. Now we have what we
want and in order to reach our goal, we must take oaths, take our seats to
amend the Constitution.

The latest development towards an independent NEC:

1/The party technical groups identified the specific Chapter and Articles
in the Constitution for amendements. We have reached a joint agreement.
CNRP has taken the key recommendations of civil society;

2/ We have agreed on an independent member of NEC : Dr. Pung Chiv Guek;

3/ NEC shall have and directly manage its own budget . That will be a
specific Article in the Law;

4/ CNRP will need to find 4 members of NEC who will not sell out as that
person is key to every issue to be voted by the 9 members of the NEC. This
selection is an open process. We have not made our finalist list;

5/ the current Election Law will be divided into two separate laws to
ensure NEC independence and neutrality and to ensure that all illegible
voters can register to vote and can vote on election day and access to
media is free and fair.  CNRP will have radio and TV stations that will be
run by our teams;

We demand that All 9 members of NEC and the Constitution and the new
Election and NEC laws to be amended and adopted within a month and this is
accepted by CPP.

We are lobbying the European Commission, Japan and Australia to support the
new NEC and there are good signs.

CNRP election team works day and night to get ready for the full rehaul of
NEC and the new voter list. Mr. Khouy Bunroeun gave up his MP seat and is
one of our confirmed candidates for NEC. He is truly an election expert and
will not sell out. He is as tough as rock , young, totally determined and
led two successful elections in Takeo and Kompong Cham.

Our technical team lead by MP, Nhem Ponyarith is negotiating for the
reforms in the National Assembly to ensure a full and legitimate role of
the Loyal Opposition. The Chairs of the parliamentary commissions have been
confirmed within the party and need to be voted in at the next session of
the National Assembly. CNRP will hold the seat of First Deputy of the
National Assembly. All these reforms  will give CNRP the power to act and
to defend the people and national interests. We never said we do not want
power because we have the vision as how we will use this power to reach the
longterm goals.

CNRP leadership is solid, our in house affairs are run through and by
Committees defined in our party structure. In the next two weeks CNRP is
holding election at grassroots level to restructure the sub-national level
Committees as the party is growing significantly in size. I am now in
Battambang to monitor the party election. I am so touched by the commitment
of our local leaders and supporters to make CNRP the party thst will win
elections in the future and the party that will bring true democracy for
Cambodia.

In the meantime, our youths, and the independent mass movements continue to
shake things up in the streets. The last three days of protest to demand an
apology from Vietnam is a very clear sign that we Khmers are in control of
our own nation.

We need to take ownership of each gain made on this long road to democracy
and peace for our beloved nation. MP, Sam Rainsy, leader of the Cambodian
Loyal Opposition says so in his very significant speech on 8 August: let us
open a new culture of dialogue and of non-violence. He has defined the new
rules of the new game. The old game of violence is Hun Sen's football field
where the goal keepers, the players and the referees is just one man who
hands out no yellow nor red cards.

Finally, as Director General of CNRP in charge or Public Affairs and Mass
Movements, I try to do my very best to give to the public the information
that describe how the party tackles the challenges we all face as we walk
the long road to Peace.

Again, we hear your criticism but help us more by being specific in how you
need things done and in the context of Cambodia.

We are aware of the spread of rumors of exchange of money during the deal.
We have full trust in each and everyone of you and of your wisdom and
judgement as to how you take these rumors posted on Facebook. How long do
we want to play this game?

United , Democracy Will Win.

*Mu Sochua, MP*

Sent from my iPad