On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Dave Schneider wrote:

> A bit off topic for camera builders, but this is a do it yourself group of
> people.

Not sure why you'd think this is off topic?  Sounds pretty apropos to me.

> Does anyone have plans, experience, advice on building a pin register punch
> and negative carrier? I am trying to come up with a solution that will work
> with 120 and 4x5 negatives. I need to make a punch and glass sandwich
> carrier that will work with an Omega D5. I have seen Mr. McNutt's article,
> the design looks fine but would be interested in any other ideas.

Howard Bond recently ran an article on making a pin register system in
Phototechniques magazine <http://www.phototechmag.com/index.htm>.  That
might be worth checking out.

The basic idea for a pin registration system isn't that complicated.  You
can purchase alignment pins from graphic art suppliers that match the
holes produced by a three holed punch.  I've used these for aligning
3-color carbon and gum prints, and they work OK.  The problem is that they
are almost certainly bigger than what you had in mind.

The old Condit punch design isn't terribly complex.  Basically just a
double hole puch that produces holes about 1/16 inch in diameter, and a
matching pin bar.  Your local machine shop could easily produce such a
thing.

- Wayde
  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])