There is a product called Armour Etch that is for
etching glass for artistic type stuff. My fiance uses
it to put flower designs on wine glasses. She made a
2 1/4 square piece for me for a project and it worked
fine. On bigger glass (4x5 8x10 etc..) it may not give
the results you desire, but that depends on your
expectations. I have not tried big pieces.IT IS SUPER
EASY TO USE. Clean the glass, brush it on, wait, wash
it off. Done. She peeled of the price tag but I think
12 oz. was about $15.00

                           Matt

Armour Etch    product #15-0200
Armour Products