Robert,
That crossed my mind, but I find myself trying to focus the foreground or the
sides of an image while making slight movements of the front or back of the
camera. Still it is an interesting point since shooting a landscape pic does not
need any great movements. It may be handy to have different glass to match the
type of image. What I could do is mask off the glass and sandblast the outer
edges at full pressure on the sandblaster and then do the center at a reduce air
pressure. This may give the effect that you are thinking about.

I have the sandblaster at my disposal so trying different things is fairly
cheap, just the price of a $1.00 picture frame at the local close-out store. We
will give that a try and see what the results are. I will take another frame to
work and let you know how it looks.

Phil McCourt