How about just having a glass about a centimeter is front of the film. Then
pressurize only the chamber between film and glass.  The bellows is free of
pressure and the volume is far smaller, yet dust on the glass will be far
less obvious and the glass will not be touched so there will be no tendency
to develop scratches.  A spot will have to be pretty bad to show on the
film unless you are working at rather small diaphragm openings.

Continuous pumping is better than "minimally practical" and is used in some
good commercial cameras (I suspect most working on precision projects in
the larger formats.)  It is awkward for normal photography, even in a
studio, but I doubt if it is more than a minor problem if well thought out.

Bob