?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

A proper lens takes the light coming from the object (the film in this
case) and projects it in a way such that all light coming from a single
point, whatever its direction of travel, will end up at a single point on
the image (the fabric).  Assumed is that the system is correctly
focused.  Wandering of the sun does not change this; a single point on the
source will be projected to a single point in the image throughout the
wandering of the sun. However, there is a different trouble; rather quickly
the sunlight through a given point will not hit the lens so that point in
the image will go dark.  The nicest solution is what I believe is called a
heliostat.  This has a mirror which tracks the sun's motion in a way so the
light is cast in the direction of the lens a the sun wanders through the
sky.  You could do it by hand until you determine whether making a real
tracking machine is worth the bother.  Please note, the sunlight comes from
a constant direction when this device is in use, no matter where the sun
actually is (if not below the horizon or behind a cloud!)

There is a different problem as well.  You more or less need a condenser
unless the lens is bigger than the film.
Sunlight travels as a nearly parallel bundle of rays.  Only light passing
through a circle the size of the lens but lying in the plane of the
negative actually passes through the lens.  You can move this circle over
the film but only this much negative is being exposed at any time.  Without
a condenser you will have to "scan" the film by passing the light from
various directions through the lens so the whole film is roughly equally
sampled.

I suggest adding apiece of heat absorbing glass if you can find one in the
right size; for a  2x2 negative it should be relatively easy.  Bigger will
be harder and more expensive.

Bob