There was an article in View Camera magazine by Gordon Hutchins (of Pyro PMK
developer fame) on restoring and repairing old, second hand and damaged
holders.

Also my trick for cleaning really dusty ones. Lint free cloth for cleaning
computer monitors and lemon pledge.  You can run the lint free cloth witha
little lemon pledge on it through the felt light trap where all the dust
hides. I also wipe down the holders, especially the plastic ones with cold
water from the tap. Its ground and reduces or elimnates the static charge
that attracts dust.

Warning: Lemon pledge is a great lubricant, but don't put it on any wood
work (like your Deardorf frame) that you want finish or oil to stick too.
Lemon Pledge contains silcone which is strictly verbotten on any fine
furniture or woodwork. oil and water will bead up on it--blcoking you from
using Danish oil on the wood.

Also once lubricated the holder slides go in and out like a new drawer so I
always wrap a rubber band around my holders.

---William Nettles

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nettles Photo / Imaging Site  http://www.wgn.net/~nettles

Find out what's happening in Echo Park: