(sorry I'm rambling)
The big problem I've seen with homemade panos is that
they usually have an uneven exposure as the motor, gears slow and speed up
in designs like the one you are interested in. (Vertical stripes)

My two cents on this might be to suggest getting a 65mm, 75mm or 90mm view
camera lens (and centering filter) and then mount  it on a homemade back
that will hold the 120 film out to as wide as the lens covers. maybe 150mm
(6 inches). This is the basic design for pano cameras that sell for
thousands. (A Schneider f 5.6 90mm will go almost 8 inches. What's that 60mm
x200mm?)

The images will be clean and printable, the shutter is in the lens. You
could rig framing devices in a number of ways.

Of course you can't get 180 or 360 degrees, but I think you'd get a better
neg. But if tinkering is in your heart (as it is in many of us)  go for the
mechanical spinning Cirkut design. It'll be a lot more fun.
And if you figured out how to brew up a smoother spin--we'll all want one.

Good luck & welcome to the club.
Will
---William Nettles

[EMAIL PROTECTED]