On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:33:50 -0800 (PST), Gerald Newland wrote:
> [...]
> A few years ago, I made a metal 4 x 5 " camera, with helical
> focusing mount and fitted with a Schneider 47mm Super Angulon which
> almost covers the 4 x 5 format.  It has been one of the most useful
> cameras I have ever had for technical  and pictorial photography.

Like this (again?) (http://wind.winona.edu/~stafford/s) Going through
the Big Bin I found one just like it that I mocked up with a rise and
falling front mount. Next Winter I think I'll build it for real.

The traditional 47mm SA seems to have build problems - inconsistency.
Mine is the F5.6 and it's not as contasty as I'd like, but I'm comparing
it to a couple of phenonemal lenses. How we spoil ourselves. :)

I'm working on a very new WA camera right now. All glass and stainless.
At this time I'm in dire need of a machinist. Bummer.