On 12/17/2011 06:27 PM, Daniel Bünzli wrote:
I tried to use Oasis on one of my projects. I got stuck at the very
begining. I am on MacOS, there is no binary installer, and no
instructions for MacOS users. It told me a bunch of dependencies were
unsatisfied when I tried to compile.

Agreed. Installing the dependencies on osx is just too painful.

But as I said before on this list, instead of providing binary
installers, I think it would be much more productive for users and
oasis devs to be able to bootstrap oasis provided with a raw ocaml
install and a reasonably posix compliant unix system (let's pretend I
didn't follow the discussion on ocaml for windows).

I also agree that a binary package is much less satisfactory anywhere with a compilation environment.

I'd love to get a report on how well odb can be used on mac. Its second test of usefulness was being able to install oasis, which has a *ton* of deps. It passed this test a long time ago, and should install oasis just fine.

If you have ocaml and findlib installed, odb should work for you. Of course, let me know via its bugtracker or #ocaml on IRC if you have any problems.

E.