On 03/09/2012 09:26 AM, Daniel Bünzli wrote:
Without going into the dependency resolving thing, I still think it's
an issue. Basically with odb you don't really know what you are
downloading.

http://oasis.ocamlcore.org/dev/odb/

This page shows the stable, testing and unstable versions of each
package available in odb.  use --unstable or --testing to get a
non-stable version.  Unstable is the newest uploaded version, testing is
the newest version I've been able to make work.  Stable has all been
compiled together (sometimes there's version issues between packages).

Didn't really think hard about it, but instead of (or complementary
to) defining it's own key-value language odb could maybe piggyback on
oasis files (pretty easy to parse). There's a lot of info in there
(deps etc.).

While I agree it'd be nice to just parse oasis files, they're not nearly as trivial to parse as the k=v format. If you can write a small enough parser with no external deps, I'll add it to odb and use its info to supplement the packages file.

E.