Which OS/editor are you using ? TypeRex is known to be slow with aquamacs and
if anyone knows why aquamacs sockets are so slow we will be happy to improve
that.

On some systems, you may notice a lag when you keep pressing a key for a long
time, this is often due to the syntax coloring. If it disturbs you, you can
switch off syntax coloring as explained in [2] and fall back to the tuareg
coloration (you can also directly use Daniel's settings).

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] http://www.typerex.org/manual-setup.html#configuration