On 01-03-2010, Warren Harris <warrensomeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to determine what percentage of my application's cpu time
> is spent in the garbage collector (for tuning purposes, but also just
> to monitor the overhead). Is there any way to obtain this information
> short of using gprof? Additional information provided by Gc.stat would
> be ideal, or perhaps a Gc.alarm that was called at the beginning of
> the gc cycle, but neither of these seem to exist.

You can have a look at:
http://ocamlviz.forge.ocamlcore.org

This allow to instrument your code and watch GC activity. I think that
with a little a little help on program side, you can be quite precise
about GC without using gprof at all. This should also be more
lightweight than gprof.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall