Hello,

On 03-03-2010, Edgar Friendly <thelema...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/02/2010 06:09 PM, Warren Harris wrote:
>> On Mar 2, 2010, at 2:03 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
>>>
>>> You can have a look at:
>>> http://ocamlviz.forge.ocamlcore.org
>>>
>> Thanks! This looks very promising. I'll give it a try.
>>

> Overall, good job.  But is it going to die or stay maintained?

Well, I hope it will stay maintained. At least source code, bugs and
release on the forge will stay there for a long time (I can make promise
on this part). And whenever current developpers become inactive,
OCamlCore.org administrators can move ownership to other (with notice to
current owner, of course):
http://www.ocamlcore.org/philosophy/ (point 4)

But anyway, this kind of tool is targeted at debugging on the first
place. It is not a mandatory piece of a software/library. You can lie
without it, when you have finished your job debugging/profiling your
program.

So I would say that long term maintainance should not bother user for
now. It is actually something that is lightweight and that works. To my
mind this is enough to consider using it.

If a lot of people start using it, it is highly probable that it will
stay maintained.

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall