Hi,

When I do searches I get huge responses from the server (running
2018-05-02), searching for "tag:bcp" for example it finds 13 permanode but
the response from the query endpoint of 20+Mb. Is this intentional?

cURL ing the same request and looking at the response it look as if not
only information about the permanodes is sent from the server, but the
entire directory structures underneath them, which in particular for bcp's
can become unreasonably large (not usable on a slow or mobile connection)

/Viktor