On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:16:35AM +0200, Magnus Holm wrote:
> The route maker's job is basically two things:
> - Make sure that all controllers includes the right mixins
> - If any controllers doesn't respond to "urls" (aka. haven't been inherited
>   from R) define "urls" as ClassName.downcase
>
> The first point can be accomplished within R, but not the latter. But it
> should be noted that the latter also can cause some troubles.

Or, maybe, instead of getting rid of #2 we could make it go a bit
beyond just downcasing to help steer us away from regexps.

  module Blog::Controllers
    class Index # automatically '/'
      def get; end
    end

    class ViewN # automatically '/view/(\d+)'
      def get id; end
    end

    class ViewX # automatically '/view/(\w+)'
      def get name; end
    end

    class ViewYMD # automatically '/view/(\d+)/(\d+)/(\d+)'
      def get time; end
    end
  end

_why