If 1.5.180 is more stable would it be best to replace 1.5 with 1.5.180 as the 'official' pre-2.0 release for those requiring backward compatibility? If there are 'plenty of bug fixes in the repo', which ones aren't yet incorporated '1.5.180 from _why's gem server which fixes some of them'? I'm kind of speaking as a 'Camping consumer' here - my Ruby's not up to contributing too much.

I don't mean to go on about 1.5 (and I'll happily use 2.0 when it's ready), but it would be good to have a solid-as-poss 1.5 version as there are still a lot of examples and working apps out there based around 1.5 (well, nearly all of it is).

- Dave Everitt

Magnus Holm:
Oh, sorry. I totally forgot about this.
Are we absolutely sure that 1.5.180 is stable enough to be pushed out to Rubyforge?

Julik Tarkhanov:
I can, but people who might need my apps can't and won't look for non-official gem servers. Is there a possibility for someone to push the solidified, old-school 1.5.180 to Rubyforge? Before 2.0 is released? It's 2 minutes work, seriously...

Magnus Holm:
Yes, we should release 2.0 soon...
Meanwhile you can always download 2.0 using my repo:
gem install camping --source http://gems.judofyr.net/