Hold up guys. This is a little web app for just you to use? not multiple users?

Depending on how you deploy camping you can just stick some stuff in some class
variables if you just need them in one controller, or even global variables if
you want them in many places. Then all you'd need to do is boot a local copy
with The Camping Server and do your things. The objects will just stay in
ruby's memory because unlike cgi apps or things like PHP, ruby web apps don't
flush their global scope reload on every request.

Wouldn't that be the ridiculously easy and straight forward way to solve this?

—
Jenna