Since no-one has replied, for what it's worth (as a very amateur camper), I've always been happy with simple regular Markaby views and the v2.1 options for external templates. Also, my modest one-file apps have their CSS after __END__. In any sizeable app, you'd probably want to have separate templates for easier maintenance (since - if inline - their code is going to add more than a few lines and break the one-file advantages), so the question is: will anyone use/want inline templates? - DaveE