If you're new to the world of web development, it might help to have a bit
of context on what Camping's "models" actually are. ActiveRecord is an
abstraction of a database that's primarily developed for use in the Ruby on
Rails framework, which you could argue Camping is to some extent a
rebellion against.

In early web apps, people would manually embed SQL query strings in scripts
and templates written for PHP, Perl, Python, etc. This approach has several
problems, possibly most importantly: it's difficult to "scale" the
functionality of a web app or make it more interactive, and it's vulnerable
to attacks like "SQL" injection, where malicious input can have an
undesirable effect on server-side behaviour.

Most popular web frameworks use something called an "ORM", which is what
ActiveRecord is - the data in the database is represented via "classes" and
native objects in the code. Camping is somewhat uncommon as a lightweight,
beginner-friendly framework that has a built-in ORM (though there's nothing
forcing you from using its neat rendering and routing features without
bothering with the Models, or from implementing your own "Models" atop
files or a noSQL database.