Hello Lee
No problem at all on the length of time for the response (I actually
considered it to be pretty quick) and I appreciate your time on the
matter.

I think the problem may be that the tasks I'm trying to group together are
ones that are executed on the host and others that are executed by the
capistrano run.  For example I've built a capistrano plugin for
de-registering and registering our nodes with our AWS ELBs.  I'd like to
call that deregistration task on the same node that I'm restarting the
service for, then call the registration task after the restart before
de-registration/restart task on the next node.

I thought I could invoke a task from the on() block and have it execute a
task/function, but I had mixed results when I did that.  I also wasn't sure
of that was really how that was intended to be used.

Any hints or a kick in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Eric