Hi Andrew,

I don't have much experience with embedded systems so I honestly don't know
for sure how well-suited Cap'n Proto is. I would think it would work pretty
well in that the format is simple and therefore should be possible to
interpret with relatively few instructions. Though when people start
talking about hard limits of 1024 bytes, I wonder if pointers being 8 bytes
or having a 16-byte header (8 bytes segment table, 8 bytes root pointer)
starts to become a problem? That's all I was trying to say on the other
thread.

Presumably you would want a lean C-based implementation in this scenario,
so I'd suggest looking at:

https://github.com/opensourcerouting/c-capnproto

-Kenton