Hi Muthu,

No worry - it is just developer's discussion :-)

Here I do have the same issue. A hospital here wants to have our care2x
for researches but want to keep their own (historical) HIS up and
running. Just for some view forms in a specific department they want
link it with care2x that they can do some (complex) customary work.

There are some specific issues to be solve but I am lucky to able this
kind of transferring the data with an PDI job once a day by a script.
( will send you the pdi pattern if you want and if it would help you )

But exactly what you mention in your mail is the aim we all have.
Flexibility and gerneric.

Robert

Am Dienstag, den 02.11.2010, 19:00 +0530 schrieb Ap.Muthu:
> Hi Robert,
>
> The field name can be what you suggested - what I put in was a little
> generic. I certainly want you to be happy.
>
> In case there are hospitals that do not use the alt_pid field, keeping it
> NULL would allow them to proceed.
> Attempting to copy into alt_pid the value in pid if alt_pid is NULL would
> bring in anomalies and clash with similar numbers in the alt_pid that were
> not NULL in the first place. Hence the UNIQUEness for alt_pid would have to
> wait till you decide how to use it when alt_pid is absent (multiple NULL
> alt_pids should be able to exist).
>
> What is now in place is just a place holder. Please give it some thought as
> to how hospitals starting anew entirely in Care2x would be able to use it
> alongside with hospitals that intend to use Care2x for only a part of their
> operations whilst relying on their own HIS for others.
>
> Regards,
> Ap.Muthu
>

> > Hi Muthu,
> >
> > I am not so sure that it is really a legacy issue. Nearly all hospitals
> > I've visited they have either their own HIS and want to use care2x from
> > a specific point or they use it side-by-side.
> >
> > But in all cases they will continue their numbering format what is
> > always historical based and care2x has to work with it and I do not
> > think that they will change it one day.
> >
> > If it can be NULL in that way I have some doubts, but let see what it
> > will bring for results from the reality. But the indexing of that table
> > is not really funny. Better would be a unique key over pid, "alt_pid",
> > the birth date, first name, last name and registration timestamp instead
> > of having index for each column.
> >
> > That could have good benefits when this table will be joined afterwards
> > with other tables (avoiding of full table scans).
> >
> > Robert
> >

> > Am Montag, den 01.11.2010, 07:47 +0530 schrieb Ap.Muthu:
> >> Hi Robert,
> >>
> >> Isn't this more of a legacy issue.
> >> Once the hospital is entirely on Care2x, it will not be necessary.
> >>
> >> This is quite useful if the patient is referred from another hospital.
> >>
> >> Rather than hospital_file_number, the field can be generic as alt_pid
> >> NULL
> >> This field should be optional and not null and not even unique.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Ap.Muthu

CARE2X - free Integ Hospital Info System
https://sourceforge.net/projects/care2002/
http://www.care2x.org