Hi Mellanie,

Since intensities in the occipital lobe tend to be higher (especially with volumes that have not been pre-processed with bias correction software such as FSL's fast, MNI's nu_correct, or AFNI's 3dUniformize), it's not unusual for sulci to fuse over in that region. Handles often result, but not always (particularly if the whole lobe is nearly solid white).

If you upload your segmentation, *sMRI.mnc and *sMRI.params, I'll see if it's salvageable.

Donna

http://pulvinar.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/upload.cgi