I'm hoping we might have an alpha version late March with beta in late April. Time will tell if this is just wishful thinking on my part.

This seems like about the fifth time I've gotten this question in the last two days. I've been meaning to post an update on the caret-users/caret-announce list.

Donna

On 02/22/2005 09:34 AM, Smiley, John wrote:

Thanks for your response.
I have both histological sections and MRI.  Am I correct to understand that
Caret will display, but not create, the 3d surface from and anatomical volume?
The tutorial says future versions of Caret will be able to create surfaces.
Any speculation how how far away that is?

John Smiley

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Caret, SureFit, and SuMS software users
Sent: 2/21/2005 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [caret-users] importing images

Hi Dr. Smiley,

If the files are numbered like 00001.tif, 00002.tif, ..., 00099.tif, then you can do this on the command line:

cat *tif > my_monkey.raw

Then, you can import monkey.raw as a Raw Volume file. You'll need to know the dimensions (z will be # of tif files) an the datum type.

You'll be able to view this volume in Caret, but if you want to generate

a 3d surface from the anatomical volume, you'll need to do this in SureFit, which is not available on MacOSX yet.

If these tiff files are, say, histological sections rather than MRI scans, then have a look at Caret 4.6 tutorial 10 (http://brainmap.wustl.edu/caret/pdf/CARET_UsersGuide.03-06.Part-II.pdf) . We haven't yet generated a Caret 5.1 version of this tutorial, but I believe the same functions are available in Caret 5.1.

Donna