Terry (et al.),

Although the ECHDB is evidently defunct, the data sets you are interested in (plus much more) are available by alternate routes.

The primary data sets are accessible at a website at the Zilles lab (and also one at McGill) that is indicated lower down in this message. In addition, we have mapped all of their published data sets to our new PALS human atlas (Van Essen, 2005, Neuroimage; see link below), where they can be viewed as volumes and after mapping to the atlas surface.

I will take the liberty of showing you how I dug it out from the PALS atlas in SumsDB and how you can easily navigate a similar trajectory.

Link to our SumsDB database (http://sumsdb.wustl.edu/sums/)

Click on the Human PALS atlas image set, which will launch a WebCaret window. In a moment, this will bring up an individual human hemisphere surface (scene 1).

For your purposes, you want scene 14, which includes a probabilistic map of area 45 from Amunts et al. (2004). I have a screen capture that illustrates this, but I will email it to you separately so that this email doesn't get bounced because of its size.

To get to areas 1 - 3, there are no pre-computed scenes listed, so press the D/C button, which will bring up the Display Control window.

From the metric column pulldown menu, select 'Brodmann_3a....'.
Your WebCaret and Display Control windows should look as in the figure that will be emailed separately.

Click on the '?' button next to the metric 'Brodmann_3a...'
This will bring up a comment window that includes the following links to the Zilles et al primary data.

http://www.fz-juelich.de/ime/ProbabilityMaps.html
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/cytoarchitectonics/
Geyer S, Schleicher A, Schormann T, Mohlberg H, Bodegard A, Roland PE, Zilles K: Integration of microstructural and functional aspects of human somatosensory areas 3a, 3b, and 1 on the basis of a computerized brain atlas. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2001 204:351-66. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi? cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=11720238 http://springerlink.metapress.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi: 10.1007/s004290100200 Geyer S, Schormann T, Mohlberg H, Zilles K. Areas 3a, 3b, and 1 of human primary somatosensory cortex. Part 2. Spatial normalization to standard anatomical space. Neuroimage. 2000 11:684-96. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi? cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10860796
http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1006/nimg.2000.0548

Once you're in SumsDB and viewing atlases via WebCaret, there's lots of other data that you might find of interest.

PALS paper pubmed link.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi? cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16172003

I hope you find this useful.

David VE