Hi - I'm having a problem segmenting normalized scans.

I've got a very non-uniform volume (macaque, from a 4.7T w/ 0.5 mm voxels) and have used AFNI's 3dUniformize to correct these issues. However, when I try to segment the normalized data in CARET, it either gives me an error (usually that findBiggestObjectWithinMask failed in some way) or it simply crashes.

I can run a successful segmentation on the non-uniformized volume, it just requires a great deal of manual correction. I'm doing the same processing steps for both the normalized and non-uniform volumes.

Anything I should try here? I've tried to run several different normalizations and all of them cause segmentation to fail.

Please let me know what other information you need from me on this one.

-Rebecca

Rebecca A. Ebitz, post-bac IRTA
Laboratory of Brain and Cognition
National Institute of Mental Health