Erik,

First try the command "ldd caret5" to determine all of the libraries that need to be loaded at runtime but are not found.

Caret is a 32-bit application so you will need to locate, or install, 32-bit OpenGL libraries (libGL.so and libGLU.so). Most likely, you would obtain the OpenGL libraries from the manufacturer of your graphics card.

It is also possible that libGLU.so.1 does not exist but libGLU.so does exist. If this is the case, a symbolic link may be created (ln -s libGLU.so libGLU.so.1).

Included with Caret are a set of software OpenGL libraries. You can use these by setting your library path "setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/ local/caret/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH". This assumes caret is installed in /usr/local. Since these are software OpenGL libraries, graphics performance will be slow.

John Harwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
314-362-3467

Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology