Hi Remya,

Glad to hear you got your hands on a T1 scan.

There's no documentation I know of that covers what you want to do, but it's not that hard (if I understand it correctly).

I think you'll just need two versions of your volumes (one AC-centered, one inter-aural) and two versions of your fiducial surface (ditto). You'll need the AC-centered volume to create your fiducial surface, which also will be AC-centered. When you're happy with your AC-centered surface, then translate both volume and surface back to inter-aural.

The hard part is calculating the x,y,z translation offsets between the AC-centered origin and your inter-aural origin. Sometimes it takes a sign flip or two to get it right, but only you can compute the magnitude of these shifts. I'll call them shiftx, shifty, shiftz.

Change your volume back to inter-aural like so:

Volume: Edit volume attributes: coordinates: origin: Adjust x,y,z by shiftx,shifty,shiftz. After applying change, hit toolbar: R (with volume view in main window) to reset the volume to the new origin, to make sure it's correct. This may take trial and error to get the sign right.

Once the volume view accurately reflects the inter-aural origin, save the translated volume: File: Save Data File: volume files: NIFTI (or AFNI or SPM/MedX, which is basically Analyze): my_interaural.nii

Now, translate your surface:

* switch to fiducial view in main window
* Window: Transformation matrix editor
* Translate: enter shiftx, shifty, shiftz (again -- sign-flipping as needed)
* Apply matrix to main window

In this case, if you get it wrong, then you'll need to use Toolbar: spec to reload the fiducial after each trial, to get back to the original AC origin.

Once you get it right, use File: Save data file: coord file to save the translated coord file as a name like my.fiducial.inter-aural.coord.

Good luck.

Donna