From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Vanessen
Sent: 22 March 2007 23:36
To: Caret, SureFit, and SuMS software users
Cc: Rolf K├Âtter
Subject: Re: [caret-users] Macaque Neuroanatomy

Hamied,

The best source I know of for your questions is the CoCoMac database developed
by Rolf Kotter and colleagues.

http://cocomac.org/home.htm

You have to get an account, but once you do, you can search for connections of
any area of interest and then click on the area abbreviation to get a popup
window showing the full name and reference. The results are:

TA: Temporal area TA

TE: Inferotemporal area TE

PA#1: Postcentral area PA

von Bonin, G; Bailey, P
<http://134.95.56.239/URLSearch.asp?OutputType=HTML_Browser&User=vanessen&Password=v1v2v3&Search=Literature&SortBy=Year&SortOrder=ASC&Details=Status,BrainSites,Methods,Relations,Injections&SearchString=%28%27BB47%27%29+%5BLitID%5D>

1947

The Neocortex of Macaca Mulatta

IPa: Intraparietal sulcus associated area in the superior temporal sulcus

TAa: Temporal area TAa

Seltzer, B; Pandya, DN 1978

Site

Ts1: Area temporalis superior 1

Galaburda, AM; Pandya, DN

1983

The intrinsic architectonic and connectional organization of the superior
temporal region of the rhesus monkey

Site

NeuroNames in BrainInfo (http://braininfo.rprc.washington.edu/) is another
useful source of terminology information but doesn't yet have full entries for
the ones you asked about.

David Van Essen