Thanks! I think that did the trick :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Donna Dierker
Sent: Tue 7/10/2007 5:45 AM
To: Caret, SureFit, and SuMS software users
Subject: Re: [caret-users] Artifacts in Flatmat

Hi Joseph,

I'm not sure, but the problem is with the topo file.  If you made any
cuts during the initial flat review stage, did you save your CUT topo
file?  Normally, it's not necessary to save the topo file, because Caret
saves it automatically when you run Flatten Full Hemisphere and Morph
Sphere, just before Caret displays the initial flat map with the
Continue button.  But if you make cuts at the initial flat map stage,
then you need to save the resulting topo file, and it's usually a good
idea to use some of the features under the Surface: Topology menu (e.g.,
remove corners and stragllers), before saving the topo, to make sure
things are well-behaved.

At first, I thought you were viewing your flat map with the closed topo
(after_save.jpeg), but your edges only (after_save_edges.jpeg) leaves me
unsure.  Some nodes got sucked to the origin, as if cuts were made, and
the coord saved, but not the topology.

Maybe John, Erin, or David will recognize this more readily.

Donna