I agree that a WM and PIAL from freesurfer is the way to go with marmoset.

For what it's worth, if you calls it a galago (in caret) and uses a 300um
MTR you can get a halfway decent surface (not really that good, but it
works).

at 300um caret successfully get's rid of the hindbrain.

If I could get access to a volume either of the hidbrain, or of everything
else with hindbrain removed, that would save me a huge amount of work.
First, experience tells me that with no hidbrain caret will make a surface
from 150um data.

second, I'll need to remove the hindbrain by hand before I try to do this
with Freesurfer.

Caret spits out many volumes as it runs segmentation and surface
construction.

are any of these a sturctural volume with hindbrain removed? I could
upsample that and use as a mask for hindbrain removal.

best,

Colin