The reduction of tile areas should be nonuniform, because areas of cortex
that are more anatomically variable will not line up, and the features will
smooth each other out due to not being matched.  I don't think surface area
is particularly meaningful on an average surface.

Tim

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Tristan Chaplin <tristan.chap...@gmail.com