Hi Hellen,

Okay, I think you are using MNI's standard mesh, and David performed a
registration between MNI and PALS ~2008, so that bridge exists (i.e., it should
not be too hard to get the Brodmann parcellation onto the MNI mesh).

But it sounds like you want to do a Brodmann Area (BA) lookup in volume-land
(i.e., voxel vs vertex).  Why not use one of the multiple volumetric anatomical
atlases (e.g.,
http://www.fz-juelich.de/inm/inm-1/EN/Forschung/_docs/BrainMapping/HumanBrainMapping.html)
 that were designed for volumes?

It is possible to generate a ribbon of specified inner and outer thinkness
around a surface, in order to project a parcellation from surface-land into
volume-land, but the intersection of the resulting volumetric parcellation with
your data is highly dependent on how well that surface represents/captures your
target mapping substrate.

This is likely to be confusing, but hopefully it will lead to an enlightening
exchange.

Donna