You don’t authorize the rest protocol. You authorize the service for which an 
ST is to be granted via the rest protocol. 

See 
http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/installation/Service-Management.html#registered-services
 
<http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/installation/Service-Management.html#registered-services>

The reason you had it working with 3.5 is likely because 3.5 did allow http 
services by default. 4 does not. 

- Misagh

> On Nov 25, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Stephen More <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> I have been using REST with version 3.5.x - it has been working flawlessly.
> 
> I am now working to upgrade to 4.1.2. 
> I have followed the guide on 
> http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/protocol/REST-Protocol.html 
> <http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/protocol/REST-Protocol.html> but I think 
> the guide is missing an authorization step.
> 
> I get back a successful 201 with a TicketGrantingTicket, but when I request a 
> Service Ticket I get: 
> Status code: 400
> Content: ServiceManagement: Unauthorized Service Access. Service 
> [http://www.example.com:8080/app/ <http://www.example.com:8080/app/>] is not 
> found in service registry.
> 
> How does one authorize the rest protocol ?
> 
> 
> -Thanks
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/ 
> <http://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/>.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

Reply via email to