But in 4.0.x there wasn't a cipher to begin with right? The key is still 
matched with what there is the session or is all of that no longer stored in 
the session? I thought it still was actually.





[>] In 4.0.x, Webflow state is entirely managed by the session. It’s not on 
the client, and you never see it. So yes, no cipher there.



About the external redirect: I always thought that would only be used for an 
end-state. Wouldn't I lose the context I'm currently in? I think the whole 
idea of the redirect="true" attribute is to exactly accomplish this. Maybe I 
could do an external redirect with a flow key, but that is essentially the 
same as doing it with redirect=true and I still have the issue of the too 
long URI. Same goes for the JSP way.



[>] I must admit I am not very familiar with that flag. Javadocs also don’t 
explain much. Could you help me understand what you achieve to do with that 
flag? And what the end goal is?



I have the feeling that (since 4.0) didn't have the encrypted execution 
keys, it's still rather safe without the cipher. Or at least as safe as it 
was in 4.0. Can you confirm that?  Or did something else change that makes 
it less secure than it was in 4.0?



[>] To recap, the 4.0.x line handles the management of the Webflow state on 
the server side. Since the client is not involved, the state is not 
encrypted and is only internally processed by SWF as the repository that 
manages that state assumes there is a session to work with. In 4.1 and 
beyond, the Webflow state moves onto the client to remove issues associated 
with a session specially in an HA environment, and so the state is 
encrypted. Some changes are being worked on in master to allow for easier 
configuration of the encryption keys. The keys are required to be generated 
by you as a deployer, and perhaps not all deployments are aware of that 
gotcha.



-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

Reply via email to