From: cas-user@apereo.org [mailto:cas-user@apereo.org] On Behalf Of David
Curry
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:13 AM
To: CAS Community <cas-user@apereo.org>
Subject: [cas-user] 4.x SAML documentation

Hopefully this isn't too dumb a question; I haven't been able to find a
definitive answer anywhere.

Right now we're using CAS 3.5.x (we're waiting for summer and 4.3.x with
MFA) as our primary authentication/single sign-on. We also have Shibboleth
2.4.x for those few services that don't support CAS; it's configured with
shib-cas-authn2 to redirect to CAS to perform the authentication, which
makes everything transparent to the users. All in all, this has been working
really well.

Is the improved SAML support in CAS 4.x going to let us achieve the same end
result of users only having to authenticate once and then be able to access
both CAS-based and SAML-based services? In other words, is the intention
that we'll be able to get rid of Shibboleth, since we're not using it for
anything special, and just do it all with CAS 4.x?

As a follow-up, is the improved SAML support and CAS/SAML interaction
documented yet? The only stuff I can find on the web site appears to be the
same "we support SAML1 and SAML2 only as much as Google Apps needs" stuff
that's been there since forever. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks,

Dave Curry

The New School

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/425abc37-f273-41cb-9322-741ef508c025%40apereo.org