Does the CAS server produce any logs when it attempts to validate that 
ticket? Can you log into any other apps beside the management webapp?



From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Conan 
Malone
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 2:11 AM
To: CAS Community <[email protected]>
Subject: [cas-user] Cas-Service-Management-Overlay still not working (more 
info)



Hi,



I'm making a new post as I feel there maybe wasn't enough information in my 
last one for anyone to help me out.



I have downloaded the cas-overlay-template and 
cas-service-management-overlay (4.2.2), copied the correct files to 
/etc/cas/ and ran mvnw clean package on both of them with build success so 
that all seems fine.  (both deployed in tomcat as ROOT.war and 
cas-services.war).



I can go to https://mycasdomain.com/ and it goes to the login page, I can 
then log in with casuser,Mellon and this works fine (also can do RADIUS 
authentication).  My problem seems to be with the cas-services-management as 
when I go to https://mycasdomain.com/cas-services/ (looking at network on 
chrome) I get redirected to manage.html which redirects to the login page as 
expected with url 
'https://mycasdomain/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient'.
 
The page has the 'Services Management Web Application' box at the top so I 
assume services are correctly set up.  I then log in with casuser,Mellon and 
get 'The CAS management webapp is unavailable' screen.



The login page redirected me to 
'https://mycasdomain.com/cas-services/callback?client_name=CasClient&ticket=ST-7-1df43YSsUctajcAt1miS-mycasdomain.com'
 
and gave a HTTP status 500.



But looking through logs I find that I get a HTTP status 403 just before I 
get the 500 on a different address which is 
https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-7-1df43YSsUctajcAt1miS-mycasdomain.com
 
<https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-7-1df43YSsUctajcAt1miS-mycasdomain.com&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient>
 
&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient'.
 
If I put this address in my browser I get presented with



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



<cas:serviceResponse xmlns:cas="http://www.yale.edu/tp/cas";>

<cas:authenticationSuccess>

<cas:user>casuser</cas:user>

<cas:attributes>

<cas:longTermAuthenticationRequestTokenUsed>false</cas:longTermAuthenticationRequestTokenUsed>

<cas:isFromNewLogin>true</cas:isFromNewLogin>

<cas:authenticationDate>2016-05-26T09:53:00.011+01:00</cas:authenticationDate>

</cas:attributes>

</cas:authenticationSuccess>

</cas:serviceResponse>



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I'll put snippets from the parts I have changed in cas.properties, 
cas-management.properties below.  Can someone have a look through this and 
see if I am missing anything?



p.s. I also have my CAS server behind a load balancer so it needs to go out 
the network to https://mycasdomain.com/ and come back in through the load 
balancer back to the CAS server.. But I was thinking if there is a problem 
with this surely the normal cas login wouldn't work?



Thanks in advance,

Conan





----------------------snippets and logs----------------------



server.name=https://mycasdomain.com

server.prefix=${server.name}



# security configuration based on IP address to access the /status and 
/statistics pages

 cas.securityContext.adminpages.ip=127\.0\.0\.1





##

# Unique CAS node name

# host.name is used to generate unique Service Ticket IDs and SAMLArtifacts. 
This is usually set to the specific

# hostname of the machine running the CAS node, but it could be any label so 
long as it is unique in the cluster.

host.name=mycasdomain.com



----------------------



# CAS

cas.host=https://mycasdomain.com

cas.prefix=${cas.host}

cas.securityContext.casProcessingFilterEntryPoint.loginUrl=${cas.prefix}/login



# Management

cas-management.host=${cas.host}

cas-management.prefix=${cas-management.host}/cas-services

cas-management.securityContext.serviceProperties.service=${cas-management.prefix}/callback



# Security

cas-management.securityContext.serviceProperties.adminRoles=ROLE_ADMIN

pac4j.callback.defaultUrl=/manage.html



# views

cas-management.viewResolver.basename=default_views



##

# User details file location that contains list of users

# who are allowed access to the management webapp:

#

user.details.file.location = file:/etc/cas/user-details.properties



##

# JSON Service Registry

#

# Directory location where JSON service files may be found.

service.registry.config.location=file:/etc/cas/services



----------------------



2016-05-26 10:05:23,048 ERROR [org.jasig.cas.client.util.CommonUtils] - 
Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: 
https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-9-MbZeb0hglH5p4OW3HUAn-mycasdomain.com
 
<https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-9-MbZeb0hglH5p4OW3HUAn-mycasdomain.com&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient>
 
&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: 
https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-9-MbZeb0hglH5p4OW3HUAn-mycasdomain.com
 
<https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-9-MbZeb0hglH5p4OW3HUAn-mycasdomain.com&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient>
 
&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient

        at 
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1840)

        at 
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1441)

        at 
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:254)

        at 
org.jasig.cas.client.util.CommonUtils.getResponseFromServer(CommonUtils.java:431)

        at 
org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractCasProtocolUrlBasedTicketValidator.retrieveResponseFromServer(AbstractCasProtocolUrlBasedTicketValidator.java:41)

        at 
org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractUrlBasedTicketValidator.validate(AbstractUrlBasedTicketValidator.java:193)

        at 
org.pac4j.cas.client.CasClient.retrieveUserProfile(CasClient.java:321)

        at 
org.pac4j.cas.client.CasClient.retrieveUserProfile(CasClient.java:83)

        at 
org.pac4j.core.client.BaseClient.getUserProfile(BaseClient.java:99)

        at 
org.pac4j.core.client.BaseClient.getUserProfile(BaseClient.java:48)

        at 
org.pac4j.springframework.web.CallbackController.callback(CallbackController.java:81)

        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

        at 
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

        at 
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

        at 
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:222)

        at 
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:137)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:110)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:814)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:737)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:85)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:959)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:893)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:970)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:861)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)

        at 
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:846)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

        at 
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

        at 
org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:121)

        at 
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)

        at 
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)

        at 
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:262)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

        at 
org.jasig.inspektr.common.web.ClientInfoThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(ClientInfoThreadLocalFilter.java:62)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

        at 
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

        at 
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)

        at 
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

        at 
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)

        at 
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

        at 
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

        at 
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)









-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CAS Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> .
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/f4f814e4-0dac-4996-ab4d-ac795b3848aa%40apereo.org
 
<https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/f4f814e4-0dac-4996-ab4d-ac795b3848aa%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/034301d1b76f%24061ef500%24125cdf00%24%40unicon.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout.

Reply via email to