cas.log shows nothing at all and cas-management.log shows the 
'[org.jasig.cas.client.util.CommonUtils] - Server returned HTTP response 
code: 403 for URL:' error that I posted above.  The only apps I have 
installed right now are cas and the management app, can log into CAS fine 
with casuser goes to the 'Login successful' page.

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 5:53:41 PM UTC+1, Misagh Moayyed wrote:
>
> Does the CAS server produce any logs when it attempts to validate that 
> ticket? Can you log into any other apps beside the management webapp? 
>
>  
>
> *From:* [email protected] <javascript:> [mailto:[email protected] 
> <javascript:>] *On Behalf Of *Conan Malone
> *Sent:* Thursday, May 26, 2016 2:11 AM
> *To:* CAS Community <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> *Subject:* [cas-user] Cas-Service-Management-Overlay still not working 
> (more info)
>
>  
>
> Hi,
>
>  
>
> I'm making a new post as I feel there maybe wasn't enough information in 
> my last one for anyone to help me out.
>
>  
>
> I have downloaded the cas-overlay-template and 
> cas-service-management-overlay (4.2.2), copied the correct files to 
> /etc/cas/ and ran mvnw clean package on both of them with build success so 
> that all seems fine.  (both deployed in tomcat as ROOT.war and 
> cas-services.war).
>
>  
>
> I can go to https://mycasdomain.com/ and it goes to the login page, I can 
> then log in with casuser,Mellon and this works fine (also can do RADIUS 
> authentication).  My problem seems to be with the cas-services-management 
> as when I go to https://mycasdomain.com/cas-services/ (looking at network 
> on chrome) I get redirected to manage.html which redirects to the login 
> page as expected with url '
> https://mycasdomain/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient'.
>  
>  The page has the 'Services Management Web Application' box at the top so I 
> assume services are correctly set up.  I then log in with casuser,Mellon 
> and get 'The CAS management webapp is unavailable' screen.
>
>  
>
> The login page redirected me to '
> https://mycasdomain.com/cas-services/callback?client_name=CasClient&ticket=ST-7-1df43YSsUctajcAt1miS-mycasdomain.com'
>  
> and gave a HTTP status 500.
>
>  
>
> But looking through logs I find that I get a HTTP status 403 just before I 
> get the 500 on a different address which is 
> https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-7-1df43YSsUctajcAt1miS-mycasdomain.com&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient'.
>  
>  If I put this address in my browser I get presented with 
>
>  
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  
>
> <cas:serviceResponse xmlns:cas="http://www.yale.edu/tp/cas";>
>
> <cas:authenticationSuccess>
>
> <cas:user>casuser</cas:user>
>
> <cas:attributes>
>
>
> <cas:longTermAuthenticationRequestTokenUsed>false</cas:longTermAuthenticationRequestTokenUsed>
>
> <cas:isFromNewLogin>true</cas:isFromNewLogin>
>
>
> <cas:authenticationDate>2016-05-26T09:53:00.011+01:00</cas:authenticationDate>
>
> </cas:attributes>
>
> </cas:authenticationSuccess>
>
> </cas:serviceResponse>
>
>  
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  
>
> I'll put snippets from the parts I have changed in cas.properties, 
> cas-management.properties below.  *Can someone have a look through this 
> and see if I am missing anything?  *
>
>  
>
> *p.s. I also have my CAS server behind a load balancer so it needs to go 
> out the network to https://mycasdomain.com/ <https://mycasdomain.com/> and 
> come back in through the load balancer back to the CAS server.. But I was 
> thinking if there is a problem with this surely the normal cas login 
> wouldn't work?*
>
>  
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Conan
>
>  
>
>  
>
> ----------------------snippets and logs----------------------
>
>  
>
> server.name=https://mycasdomain.com
>
> server.prefix=${server.name}
>
>  
>
> # security configuration based on IP address to access the /status and 
> /statistics pages
>
>  cas.securityContext.adminpages.ip=127\.0\.0\.1
>
>  
>
>  
>
> ##
>
> # Unique CAS node name
>
> # host.name is used to generate unique Service Ticket IDs and 
> SAMLArtifacts.  This is usually set to the specific
>
> # hostname of the machine running the CAS node, but it could be any label 
> so long as it is unique in the cluster.
>
> host.name=mycasdomain.com
>
>  
>
> ----------------------
>
>  
>
> # CAS
>
> cas.host=https://mycasdomain.com
>
> cas.prefix=${cas.host}
>
>
> cas.securityContext.casProcessingFilterEntryPoint.loginUrl=${cas.prefix}/login
>
>  
>
> # Management
>
> cas-management.host=${cas.host}
>
> cas-management.prefix=${cas-management.host}/cas-services
>
>
> cas-management.securityContext.serviceProperties.service=${cas-management.prefix}/callback
>
>  
>
> # Security
>
> cas-management.securityContext.serviceProperties.adminRoles=ROLE_ADMIN
>
> pac4j.callback.defaultUrl=/manage.html
>
>  
>
> # views
>
> cas-management.viewResolver.basename=default_views
>
>  
>
> ##
>
> # User details file location that contains list of users
>
> # who are allowed access to the management webapp:
>
> #
>
> user.details.file.location = file:/etc/cas/user-details.properties
>
>  
>
> ##
>
> # JSON Service Registry
>
> #
>
> # Directory location where JSON service files may be found.
>
> service.registry.config.location=file:/etc/cas/services
>
>  
>
> ----------------------
>
>  
>
> 2016-05-26 10:05:23,048 ERROR [org.jasig.cas.client.util.CommonUtils] - 
> Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: 
> https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-9-MbZeb0hglH5p4OW3HUAn-mycasdomain.com&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient
>
> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: 
> https://mycasdomain.com/p3/serviceValidate?ticket=ST-9-MbZeb0hglH5p4OW3HUAn-mycasdomain.com&service=https%3A%2F%2Fmycasdomain.com%2Fcas-services%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient
>
>         at 
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1840)
>
>         at 
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1441)
>
>         at 
> sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:254)
>
>         at 
> org.jasig.cas.client.util.CommonUtils.getResponseFromServer(CommonUtils.java:431)
>
>         at 
> org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractCasProtocolUrlBasedTicketValidator.retrieveResponseFromServer(AbstractCasProtocolUrlBasedTicketValidator.java:41)
>
>         at 
> org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractUrlBasedTicketValidator.validate(AbstractUrlBasedTicketValidator.java:193)
>
>         at 
> org.pac4j.cas.client.CasClient.retrieveUserProfile(CasClient.java:321)
>
>         at 
> org.pac4j.cas.client.CasClient.retrieveUserProfile(CasClient.java:83)
>
>         at 
> org.pac4j.core.client.BaseClient.getUserProfile(BaseClient.java:99)
>
>         at 
> org.pac4j.core.client.BaseClient.getUserProfile(BaseClient.java:48)
>
>         at 
> org.pac4j.springframework.web.CallbackController.callback(CallbackController.java:81)
>
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>
>         at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>
>         at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:222)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:137)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:110)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:814)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:737)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:85)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:959)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:893)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:970)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:861)
>
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:846)
>
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:121)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
>
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:262)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
>
>         at 
> org.jasig.inspektr.common.web.ClientInfoThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(ClientInfoThreadLocalFilter.java:62)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)
>
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
>
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>
>  
>
>  
>
>  
>
>  
>
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/
> .
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/f4f814e4-0dac-4996-ab4d-ac795b3848aa%40apereo.org
>  
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/f4f814e4-0dac-4996-ab4d-ac795b3848aa%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/077e313d-7c00-4095-a3da-f75b973421f4%40apereo.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout.

Reply via email to