I wouldn't be able to tell you how easy or hard it would be to implement, as I didn't develop that feature and am not familiar with it. What I can offer here is my personal, humble opinion, though - go with the v5 (that's what I would personally do) :-))
Best, D.

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 06:25, Tom Andersson <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply!
I wasn't of course expecting official new features to 4.1.x but rather tried to ask for an opinion if it should be a relatively simple task to customize / implement the flow by oneself on top of the 4.1.x implementation? On the other hand, if you're targeting August.. it's not that far away and would probably a lot safer bet.
Cheers, Tom

On Monday, 30 May 2016 13:19:27 UTC+3, Dmitriy Kopylenko wrote: No plans to bring any new features into 4.1.x line as it's purely in the "maintenance" mode (critical bug fixes). Wrt v5 release date - there is no definitive "do or die" set date, but there are targets: https://github.com/apereo/cas/milestones [https://github.com/apereo/cas/milestones]
Cheers, D.

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 05:54, Tom Andersson < [email protected] > wrote:
Hello,
I'm running CAS 4.1.4 and been happy with the authorization code flow in CAS. Now it appears there's a need to support the implicit grant flow as well. I figured there's support for it implemented in CAS 5. Is there any kind of estimate for release time? Would you consider migrating that implementation to 4.1.x a viable (temporary) option if the release is still very far away? By a quick glance it seems that quite a lot has changed in that part of CAS, but on the other hand it shouldn't be a very complicated flow?
Thank you for any opinions! Tom


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS Community" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected] .
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/ [https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/] . To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/382dd13a-3863-4b8c-b3c3-8a538c0032e6%40apereo.org [https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/382dd13a-3863-4b8c-b3c3-8a538c0032e6%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer] . For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout [https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout] .

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/1464604127566-c72ab2ec-8b4244d8-171b5952%40unicon.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout.

Reply via email to