Hi there,

I am a little confused on SAML support on CAS 4.1.x.  It maybe my
understanding of SAML is very beginning, too.

I have viewed CAS as an Enterprise SSO solution, rather than a Federated
SSO solution (across enterprises). But, I hear different things about SAML
support in CAS.

CAS 4.1.x doc says:  The CAS server implements the CAS protocol on server
side and may even behave like .... SAML IdP.    How does CAS 4.1.X behave
like  SAML IdP?

The doc says that CAS supports the standardized SAML 1.1 protocol primarily
to:  1)Support a method of attribute release  2) Single Logout.  It seems
suggesting that it does _not_ act like SAML IdP?

The doc. also says that CAS can serve as the authentication provider for
Shibboleth.   If CAS 4.1.X can behave like SAML IdP, why would it need

CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas