I want to use the cas server to authenticate since it gives me good
integration with radius and AD. I would like to generate a JWT instead of a
service ticket. Do you think that will be possible? Do you think it would
be possible to just add the JSON web Token generator inside CAS to generate
a token after authentication in the required format?

CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas