I have created a war overlay project that I have deployed on my local eclipse
IDE tomcat environment. When I try to deploy the same war to our production
tomcat the war explodes and claims to start up. However the spring banner is
never displayed and I receive a 404 for the cas url through the browser also.

I have tried to use the default war file from maven and did not have any
success with that.

Here is my output

INFO: Deploying web application archive
/opt/tomcat-7.0.69/webapps/webservices#cas#entity.war
Jul 26, 2017 11:07:21 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig execute
INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug
logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no
TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve
startup time and JSP compilation time.
2017-07-26 11:07:22,111 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR GELF contains an invalid
element or attribute "additionalFields"
================================== on startup
================================== on startup
Completed===============================================
2017-07-26 11:07:22,656 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR GELF contains an invalid
element or attribute "additionalFields"
Jul 26, 2017 11:09:25 AM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGeneratorBase
createSecureRandom
INFO: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using
[SHA1PRNG] took [122,831] milliseconds.
Jul 26, 2017 11:09:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deployment of web application archive
/opt/tomcat-7.0.69/webapps/webservices#cas#entity.war has finished in 124,362 ms
Jul 26, 2017 11:09:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /opt/tomcat-7.0.69/webapps/manager
Jul 26, 2017 11:09:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deployment of web application directory
/opt/tomcat-7.0.69/webapps/manager has finished in 29 ms
Jul 26, 2017 11:09:25 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-8080"]
Jul 26, 2017 11:09:25 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-apr-8009"]
Jul 26, 2017 11:09:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 124454 ms

Environment info:
Eclipse  : oxygen
Tomcat : 7.0.69
Jdk         : 1.8.0_91

Any help is appreciated.

Jay Peterson
Senior Developer
[cid:image001.png@01D2DF8C.BBC151F0]
Digitize Your Mortgage Process
1800 West 213th Street
Torrance, CA 90501
Office:

(800) 649-1362 x6354

Fax:

(310) 243-1454

j...@docmagic.com<mailto:j...@docmagic.com>
www.DocMagic.com<http://www.DocMagic.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This communication (including any attachments) may
contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific
individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this communication and/or shred the materials and
any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is
strictly prohibited.

- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas