Tomcat 7 does not support Servlet Spec 3.1, which is required by CAS 5.

You need to upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.x (supersedes the 8.0.x line).

Note the special considerations documented for external Tomcat
configurations here:

https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.1.x/installation/Configuring-Servlet-Container.html#apache-tomcat-1

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu

[image: The New School]