Sorry, clicked "send" by mistake. Repeating the message (with the rest of
it) here

I'm looking at the cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip property setting in the Maven
overlay, which comes set as follows:

cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip=127\.0\.0\.1

But since the backslash is a special character in Java properties files,
shouldn't that be:

cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip=127\\.0\\.0\\.1

so that the backslash makes it into the regular expression (making the '.'
match a '.' instead of any character)?

I could've sworn it used to be that way in the overlay (and it jumped out
at me as a potential mistake in the regular expression I replaced it with),
but now, checking everything I can find, it seems that it was never that
way (or at least not any time recently).

The only other example of a regular expression in the properties file I can
find in the documentation is this one:

cas.authn.pm.policyPattern=^(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*\\d)(?=.*[$@$!%*?&])[A-Za-z\\d$@$!%*?&]{8,10}

which does indeed include double backslashes.

Am I confused? Should the pattern for the IP address contain single
backslashes, or double?

--Dave