I agree that in the particular case of IP addresses, it probably doesn't
matter, because the '.' is going to match either a '.' or a single
character of any value but that will almost always be a '.' anyway, since
IP addresses have a more or less fixed format.

I guess my question is a bit more general than this particular regular
expression -- IF the intent is to have a backslash appear in a regular
expression that's given as a value to a property in cas.properties,
shouldn't the backslash be doubled (in which case the default is "wrong")?

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu

[image: The New School]