Hello

I'm a first time CAS user, and working on it as part of my final year project
at university. I'm working on a windows server 2016 virtual machine. I've been
stuck in the setting up of LDAP Authentication on an active directory in CAS
version 5.
The exact steps I followed were the following: I downloaded the template folder
from github, created a keystore file and added it in the specified location
(C:\etc\cas\). I then ran "build.cmd run" on windows cmd from within the
template folder
and was able to open the CAS pageand log in using casuser and Mellon. I set up
active directory on the virtual machine, and am now ready to set up the LDAP
authentication. I know I need to edit the cas.properties folder and add the
attributes related to LDAP,
however I'm not quite sure which attributes I need to use exactly and how to
fill in their values. I tried different sets of attribues after reading
multiple posts here on the forum, however none seemed to work, and the latest
set of attributes I added were as follows
(also note that I added the ldap dependency to the pom.xml file):

cas.authn.accept.users:
cas.authn.ldap[0].order:                0
cas.authn.ldap[0].name:                 Active Directory
cas.authn.ldap[0].type:                 AUTHENTICATED
cas.authn.ldap[0].ldapUrl:              ldap://Virtual Machine IP Address:389
cas.authn.ldap[0].userFilter:           sAMAccountName={user}
cas.authn.ldap[0].baseDn:
ou=Users,dc=-----,dc=-----,dc=-----,dc=-----,dc=com
cas.authn.ldap[0].dnFormat:
cn=%s,ou=Users,dc=-----,dc=-----,dc=-----,dc=-----,dc=com
cas.authn.ldap[0].connectTimeout=3000
cas.authn.ldap[0].useStartTLS=false
cas.authn.ldap[0].minPoolSize=3
cas.authn.ldap[0].maxPoolSize=10
cas.authn.ldap[0].validateOnCheckout=false
cas.authn.ldap[0].validatePeriodically=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].validatePeriod=300
cas.authn.ldap[0].blockWaitTime=3000
cas.authn.ldap[0].prunePeriod=300
cas.authn.ldap[0].idleTime=600
cas.authn.ldap[0].bindDn=---
cas.authn.ldap[0].bindCredential=---
cas.authn.ldap[0].userFilter=(sAMAccountName={user})

The error I'm currently getting is related to the LDAP connection to the active
directory, more exactly I'm getting a connection reset error. I am not sure how
to go forward from here and I'm not quite sure if these are the attributes
needed exactly. Any help would be appreciated.