Thank you for your reply Tom. In regards to the hostname, do you mean I
should check the ldap URL? If so what I did is use the ldp.exe on windows
and instantiated a connection to the active directory using the same url
that im using and it worked fine. For the port, basically I'm using port
389 and in both the inbound and outbound rules there is a rule that allows
communication on that port. I attached most of the errors that I'm getting,
and I would really appreciate if you could have a look and give me some
advise on what to do ?

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 4:10:51 PM UTC+2, oneill wrote:

> The connection reset is a networking issue.
> I would confirm the hostname and port that you are using and I would
> confirm that your VM should be able to hit the port and isn't being blocked
> by a firewall.
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Tom

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/8165e5cb-bb62-4cd5-a817-590f8fa6d26c%40apereo.org.
org.ldaptive.provider.ConnectionException: javax.naming.CommunicationException:
-- [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: Connection reset]

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: --

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

2018-01-17 15:47:44,890 ERROR [org.ldaptive.pool.BlockingConnectionPool] -
<[org.ldaptive.pool.BlockingConnectionPool@1752223660::name=null,
poolConfig=[org.ldaptive.pool.PoolConfig@1163216403::minPoolSize=3,
maxPoolSize=10, validateOnCheckIn=false, validateOnCheckOut=true,
validatePeriodically=true, validatePeriod=PT5M, validateTimeout=PT5S],
activator=null, passivator=null,
validator=[org.ldaptive.pool.SearchValidator@1675999402::searchRequest=[org.ldaptive.SearchRequest@-1134336385::baseDn=,
 searchFilter=[org.ldaptive.SearchFilter@1642584434::filter=(objectClass=*),
parameters={}], returnAttributes=[1.1], searchScope=OBJECT, timeLimit=PT0S,
sizeLimit=1, derefAliases=null, typesOnly=false, binaryAttributes=null,
sortBehavior=UNORDERED, searchEntryHandlers=null,
searchReferenceHandlers=[org.ldaptive.referral.SearchReferralHandler$SearchReferenceHandler@2c9306d3],
 controls=null,
referralHandler=org.ldaptive.referral.SearchReferralHandler@6314df3c,
intermediateResponseHandlers=null]]
pruneStrategy=[org.ldaptive.pool.IdlePruneStrategy@1468393491::prunePeriod=PT2H,
 idleTime=PT10M], connectOnCreate=true,
connectionFactory=[org.ldaptive.DefaultConnectionFactory@280541440::provider=org.ldaptive.provider.jndi.JndiProvider@6d294ddc,
 config=[org.ldaptive.ConnectionConfig@671187578::ldapUrl=ldap://--,
connectTimeout=PT5S, responseTimeout=PT5S,
sslConfig=[org.ldaptive.ssl.SslConfig@1354510873::credentialConfig=null,
trustManagers=null, hostnameVerifier=null, hostnameVerifierConfig=null,
enabledCipherSuites=null, enabledProtocols=null,
handshakeCompletedListeners=null], useSSL=true, useStartTLS=false,
connectionInitializer=null,
connectionStrategy=org.ldaptive.DefaultConnectionStrategy@599f1b7]],
initialized=false, availableCount=0, activeCount=0] unable to connect to the
ldap>
org.ldaptive.provider.ConnectionException: javax.naming.CommunicationException:
-- [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: Connection reset]

2018-01-17 15:47:44,921 WARN [org.apereo.cas.web.CasWebApplicationContext] -
<Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh
attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException:
Error creating bean with name 'casReportsConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency
expressed through field 'authenticationSystemSupport'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'defaultAuthenticationSystemSupport' defined in class
path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationSupportConfiguration.class]:
Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method
'defaultAuthenticationSystemSupport' parameter 1; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'authenticationTransactionManager' defined in class
path resource [org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration.class]:
Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method
'authenticationTransactionManager' parameter 0; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'casAuthenticationManager' defined in class path
resource [org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration.class]:
Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'casAuthenticationManager'
parameter 2; nested exception is
with name 'authenticationEventExecutionPlan' defined in class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration.class]: Bean
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.AuthenticationEventExecutionPlan]: Factory
method 'authenticationEventExecutionPlan' threw exception; nested exception is
with name 'ldapAuthenticationHandlers' defined in class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/LdapAuthenticationConfiguration.class]: Bean
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate
[java.util.Collection]: Factory method 'ldapAuthenticationHandlers' threw
exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not
initialize pool size>

2018-01-17 15:47:44,921 WARN
[com.ryantenney.metrics.spring.config.annotation.MetricsConfigurerAdapter] -
<Problem stopping reporter>
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error
creating bean with name 'casMetricsConfiguration': Singleton bean creation not
allowed while singletons of this factory are in destruction

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
org.springframework.boot.loader.MainMethodRunner.run(MainMethodRunner.java:48)
        at org.springframework.boot.loader.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:87)
        at org.springframework.boot.loader.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:50)
        at org.springframework.boot.loader.WarLauncher.main(WarLauncher.java:59)

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException:
[...]

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to
instantiate [org.apereo.cas.authentication.AuthenticationEventExecutionPlan]:
Factory method 'authenticationEventExecutionPlan' threw exception; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'ldapAuthenticationHandlers' defined in class path
resource [org/apereo/cas/config/LdapAuthenticationConfiguration.class]: Bean
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate
[java.util.Collection]: Factory method 'ldapAuthenticationHandlers' threw
exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not
initialize pool size
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:189)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:588)
        ... 89 more

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error