thanks Daniel,  Setting
cas.authn.ldap[0].searchEntryHandlers[0].type=OBJECT_GUID worked.

Another question,  we want to overwrite postAuthenticate & preAuthenticate
function of LdapAuthenticationHandler.  We created custom handler, now we
noticed that CAS add default LDAP handler and ours custom handler.
Sometime our handler get executed first and other times the default
handler.

What is the best way to make minor customiztion to default LDAP handler?
in postAuthenticate function we want to map GUID to CAS ID from database
(i.e look up ID by GUID, create new ID if one is already not in database).

thanks.